Saturday 5 April 2014

New girl in town .



Hello guys! I am completely aware that this title that I have chosen is copied from a Bollywood movie. But, trust me the follow up has no connection with that article from "Wake up Sid". 


New girl in town. As the name suggests, I have just shifted to Surat , a city of brats. I belong to a very calm and peaceful city, where studying is the first priority. I am not saying that Surat is a spoilt, good-for-nothing city, but it is just the atmosphere here is in complete contrast with where I have come from. Calicut is known for literacy, Surat is known for business. The mentality of people out here is pretty judgmental. Surat is one of the cleanest cities of India. i guess these details would do for now.

  I must admit, i was a pampered kid, unaware of the outside world. My life was as simple as a pimple. It was perfect. I had everything anyone could wish for -cool friends, a magnificent bungalow, peaceful and happy family, abundance of money, and I was popular too. Suddenly, my father decided to introduce me to the real world, and in a blink of the eye here I was shocked to see the reality I was hidden from. This I thought was the worst decision my father could have ever taken. I was sort of depressed. I started criticizing everything , comparing them with the past , and whine a lot. I was living in the past. I guess it showed around. I realized it when one day my father came to me and asked what my problem was. He asked me “why do you hate Surat so much? Tell me every single reason for your hatred towards this city, maybe I can help you.” I started thinking, I thought for a while, but even then I couldn’t think of a valid reason. Only then did I realize that living in the past or future isn’t what is going to help me to settle in a new place. What is going to be helpful is living in the present and accepting what life has to offer oneself. Life obviously isn’t a race without hurdles. What matters is how you cross the hurdles.

Today I am a completely different person than what I was a year ago. I now have learnt to find happiness all around. I have grown mature, I am now ready to cross the hurdles of life.  All the problems are stuck between the mind and matter. If you don’t mind , it doesn’t matter :) . 





6 comments:

  1. woow! Moving to a new place is all the same for everyone I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if you have great friends back there ! : |

      Delete
  2. ya truely said
    evrything goes smooth when we amazingly awesome friends

    ReplyDelete