Monday 3 August 2015

Book Review - July.

1) Scion of Ikshvaku (Amish Tripathi ) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Now this was one of my most anticipated book. I gave it a 4 because it had really less things happening. The book was setting a state for the next books to come, so I can’t complain. I anyhow can’t wait for the next book :). 
 
2) Where rainbows end (Cecelia Ahern) ⭐️⭐️⭐️ and a half.
This is the third Cecelia Ahern book I have read and I love how Cecelia has different writing style and variety. I gave it only 3.5 because even though I liked the book and found it relatable, I thought she dragged it. I didn’t like how she kept delaying the oh-so-obvious climax. Otherwise a thumps up for the book. 
P.S I just watched  the movie adaption of it - ‘love, Rosie’ and it’s good!

3) Where she went (Gayle Forman) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️.
Now now, I absolutely  loooved the first part of this duology ‘If I stay’ which is narrated by Mia, who is on her death bed. But but but, the second part is narrated  by Adam her boyfriend  ex-boyfriend. And I loved this book as well, except maybe there is a lot of philosophical talking. But I loved it anyhow. And I loved how it ends.

4) When Mr.dog bites (Brian Conaghan) ⭐️ ⭐️   and a half.
I think these is the least stars I have given to any book this year. Why I didn’t like the book is because……well I didn’t like it. It is not slow to get in but in the middle it is VERY slow and boring. It has a kidding climax. The book is about an abnormal child who has Tourettes I think the author could  have thought of a good storyline. 

5) Wonder (R.J Palacio) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and a half.
This is a WONDERFUL book. I with all my heart love it. I read 2 books about young “abnormal” boys and unlike ‘When Mr.dog bites’ this one was very interesting. I loved how the story is narrated by different characters and each character has his/her own perspective of the situation. This book made me laugh and cry. I weeping with tears of joy in the end. I would definitely recommend this to everyone of every age. Love. Love. Love.

6) The Julian chapter (R.J Palacio) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️  and a half.
This was an extra in my copy of The Wonder. It is a hundred pages long story from Julian’s (villen’s ) perspective. At first I didn’t read it because I didn’t like Julian. But once I started it, I couldn’t stop. I loved the story. That is all I have to say. If you have read/ are to read The Wonder make sure you read this too.

7) Go set a watchman (Harper Lee) ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️.
I am sure you have waited for this book just as much as me. I love To kill a mocking bird and I was expecting  a lot from this. And we all know that expectations lead to disappointment. I didn’t enjoy this book as much as its prequel. And yeah. I don’t know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment